Review by Anna Maria Stjärnell
This is a record I’m not really qualified to comment on, since it’s classical piano albeit played in a modern style. But I’ll try anyway.
Rudolf Budginas is classically trained and he approaches various classical works by Bach and Beethoven as well as more recent fare like Gershwin.
He’s very skilled at his chosen instrument and the arrangements are well done.
He does a lovely Rhapsody in Blue by the aforementioned Gershwin and a spirited Satie.
He’s certainly worth hearing if you like hearing solo piano recordings.
1. BACH Prelude in C Major
2. BEETHOVEN Sonata No17 III mvt
3. CHOPIN Nocturne in F Major
4. CHOPIN Prelude in E Minor
5. BEETHOVEN Moonlight Sonata I mvt
6. GERSHWIN Rhapsody in Blue
7. SATIE Gymnopedie (arr by Rudolf)
8. DEBUSSY Clair de Lune (arr by Rudolf)
9. PAGANINI Theme (arr by Rudolf)
10. BACH Allemande (arr by Rudolf)