Review by Amy Lotsberg Producer of Collected Sounds
I reviewed New Arrivals Vol.1 last year and I thoroughly enjoyed it. This compilation series is a great collection of Indie artists led by one of my favorites, Rachael Sage.
This one has some of my favorite people present: Gregory Douglass, Anne Heaton, Kyler England, Natasha Alexandra, Rebekah Jordan, and of course, Rachael Sage. That list reads like a who’s-who of this website in particular.
But of course I am always up for hearing new artists, especially ones that are chosen by someone whose taste I respect and share. So I’m glad I don’t know everyone here already.
Of the New-To-Mes standouts for me is Dark Stranger by Kristy Krüger. It’s a fun syncopated dirgy ditty with a dark edge.
Chris Barron’s Can’t Kick The Habit is a very nice pop ballad and he’s got a very sweet voice.
If I were to make a mix CD for my own listening pleasure it would probably look very much like this. So if you’re a fan of this site, I’m guessing you’d feel the same.
Oh and like you need another reason to buy this, but 100% of the proceeds will go to Artists Against Hunger and Poverty, which is a program of World Hunger Year (founded by Harry Chapin). So you’re doing a good thing for those in need else as well as supporting some of the best Indies around.
Posted on August 12, 2007
Listen to track samples
1. Stronger (Mieka Pauley)
2. Sail The Sea (Gregory Douglass)
3. Dark Stranger (Kristy Krüger)
4. When We Say Goodnight (Jonah Smith)
5. The Line (Anne Heaton)
6. Land (The Rideaways)
7. Little Black Crow (Divine MAGgees)
8. Lay It On Me (Kyler England)
9. James Dean (Ralston Bowles)
10. Living On Love (Trina Hamlin)
11. Can’t Kick The Habit (Chris Barron)
12. Photograph (Todd Carey)
13. Mary’s Song (Jennifer Daniels)
14. Code Red (NLX: Natasha Alexandra)
15. Lovely Life (Rebekah Jordan)
16. Pancho’s Lament (Louisiana Holiday)
17. Lonely Streets (Rachael Sage)
18. Closer (Melissa Ferrick)