1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
Sarah McLachlan. I have a ton of bootlegs.
2. What was the last song you listened to?
Cellar Doorby Holly Brook
3. What’s in your record/CD player right now?
Like Blood, Like Honey by Holly Brook â€“ it was sent to me for review and is really good.
4. Do you know what music the person before you is into?
I stole this from Gillian. She likes much of the same stuff I do. She tends to lean toward acoustic guitar while I tend to prefer piano. But we overlap quite a bit!
5. What’s your favorite local band?
6. What was the last album you bought?
Extraordinary Machine by Fiona Apple
7. What was the greatest show you’ve ever been to?
Sarah McLachlan’s Fumbling tour where we were really up close. But I also saw many a great Trip Shakespeare show as well as a super fun Gear Daddies show in the 80s.
8. What’s the worst band you’ve ever seen in concert?
9. What band do you love musically but hate the member(s) of?
Gosh, I don’t think I hate anyone! But I heard Rufus Wainright is kind of um, not nice, and I love his records.
10. What is the most musically involved you have ever been?
I was in choir, plays and sang for wedding, etc in high school. But I’m more involved now I think, albeit on the other end.
11. What shows are you looking forward to?
All that are at my house: Julie Loyd, Brianna Lane, Gregory Douglass, Pamela Means, Edie Carey, and one that is not confirmed but I am super excited about.
12. What is your favorite band shirt?
Ani DiFranco. It’s a cool pink color and on the back it says, Every tool is a weapon, if you hold it right.
13. What musician(s) would you like to hang out with for a day?
Ani DiFranco, Dar Williams, would be interesting to meet. And those I already know and adore, like Terami Hirsch, Gregory Douglass, Beth Amsel, etc.
14. What musician would you sleep with in a heartbeat?
Jeff Buckley! when he was still alive, mind you. Not into necrophilia. Alive? I know this is trite, but John Mayer. But he’d probably make me listen to his music during. Which is think is creepy, but he’s undeniably cute. If we were both single, Ben Folds.
15. Are you a stalker?
16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
Oh kill me now. I enjoyed Ozzy’s reality show, but don’t care for the music at all.
17. 80’s Madonna or Kabbalah Esther?
WTF does that mean? Madonna 80s or now? I choose 80s.
18. Punk rock, hip hop or heavy metal?
19. Name 3 timeless records.
Fumbling Towards Ecstasy (Sarah McLachlan), Little Earthquakes (Tori Amos), and Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon and Garfunkel)
20. Name 3 artists that suck.
I actually don’t think Britney can carry a tune in a bucket. But I get that’s not what she’s famous for. I don’t know. Many are not what I call artists, but they are sure popular. But I wouldn’t say they suck because obviously they’re good at something. Even if it is shaking of ta-tas. That’s an art, right?
21. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek?
of course, we knew that.
22. What was the greatest decade for music?
Probably the 60s, because that’s when things were really changing. Even though my favorite songs came from the 80s.
23. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own?
Probably about 12, unless you count all the MTV tapes I made in high school.
24. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
I know this is terrible, and I swear I’ve never seen the movie (nor will I ever), but the Monster In Lawsoundtrack is pretty darn good.