Iceland is a land of puffins, volcanoes, eco-friendly Vodka and amazing music festivals.
In honor of Icelandâ€™s 63rd birthday, Reyka Vodka and Iceland Naturally have just announced a once in a lifetime contest for 1 lucky winner and 9 friends to fly to Iceland for three days and 2 nights of partying, soaking in the Blue Lagoon, sight seeing and to attend the world renowned Iceland Airwaves Music Festival.
Any US or Canadian resident over 21 can enter to win [here]
Iceland Facts: (I didn’t make these up, they came from the company)
– 10% of the population of Iceland believes that elves â€œdefinitelyâ€? exist
– Bjorkâ€™s mother fasted for 3 weeks in 2002 to protest the building of a dam
– In 2006 Iceland was ranked as the 4th happiest nation in the world by an independent scientific study
– Traditional Icelandic dishes include: pickled ramâ€™s testicles, putrefied shark, singed sheep heads, sheep head jam, and blood pudding
– Astronauts practiced for their moonwalk in Iceland
– There are only 300,000 people in Iceland, 137 of them are in jail
– All of Reykjavik is heated by underground hot springs
Reyka Vodka is:
– A â€œgreenâ€? vodka, distilled using sustainable and clean energy from geothermal heat.
– The first vodka distilled and bottled in Iceland (land of puffins, volcanoes and a female president)
– Made from glacial water (sort of like how Jesus turned water into wine, not that Reyka is like Jesus or anything)
– A Vodka flavored Vodka (because if you wanted to taste banana you would just eat a banana)